Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Week 24 Baptisms, Book of Mormons and Christmas!

Yet another week, the Lord has blessed us with so much!

Makenzie (14) was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by her grandfather yesterday, December 28th!! :) It was such a blessing to be a part of it. This is why I am out here--To invite others to come unto Christ by receiving the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love it! The baptism went really well! Elder Souday and I were able to sing a special music  number and she had tons of support from her classmates! When we first met with her, she didn't want to tell any of her friends, I think just because she was embarrassed. Most of her friends thought she was already LDS. But eventually she opened up about it, made invitations for a bunch of people and posted it on Twitter hahaha. Good day :)



James is stoked for Wednesday (Jan 1st, 2014) and is so prepared for his baptism! It has been a long but interesting road with him over the past (almost) 6 months! I am so excited for him, please keep him in your prayers!

Roxanne is doing good, but is out of town right now. She will be back next week and we are planning on meeting with her again soon. Please keep her in your prayers that she will have the courage to act upon the answer she has received :)

Christmas Eve and Christmas day were a blast! We spent Christmas Eve evening with a great family we have gotten to know very well, and had a great time with them :) We spent Christmas day all day with members and made this Christmas unforgettable! We actually went over to a family's house at5:30am to open presents.. it was awesome hahah :) It was fun to Skype home and see everyone, thank you so much for all who came!


Elder Souday roasting a marshmallow for the first time EVER!!


 Christmas Day with my missionary buddies, Elders Souday, Burt & Westlund!


Skyping with my family on Christmas Day!




Yesterday (Sunday) was super busy! We had the opportunity to speak in 2 sacrament meetings and teach a combined Priesthood/Relief Society 5th Sunday Class! 

So a really cool story... There are some great Ward Missionaries in one of our wards and they recently decided to take a trip around the world by plane! Pretty much just for fun. To make a long story short, their bishop found out about this and challenged each of them to place 3 Books of Mormon during their trip. One Chinese, one Japanese, and one English. They were up for the challenge and placed all of the Books during their trip! Yesterday, the bishop had them talk in their combined 5th Sunday class, and tell of their experiences. The meeting went great and they actually challenged the entire class to place Books of Mormon at the end! 

Jon (the member who's house I Skyped at and one of the guys who went on the trip) asked me about a week ago, to get a bunch of paperback Book of Mormon copies for them to pass out. I had completely forgot until he texted us Saturday night, asking if we had them ready for the next morning. Elder Souday and I had a great time calling and going to about 6 missionary apartments to gather these books--last minute notice Saturday night at like 8pm! haha :) We gathered about 50 copies!

It was an amazing experience to see these ward members come up to the front and take the Books of Mormon to place throughout the next week. Great way to do missionary work!

I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time. There is no other place I would rather be, because of the people that I've met and the experiences that I've had. I love it out here and I am so grateful for this great opportunity to serve the Lord. I know this is Christ's true Church on the earth today.  I wouldn't be out here if I didn't. 

Love you all! Hope you had an amazing Christmas with your families, and hope you have an amazing week! Stay busy, stay safe, you're in my prayers! :)

~Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week: 1 Tim 4:12 - "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

My favorite quote this week: "It's all about the principle." - My Uncle Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment