Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 28: I am grateful for the Gospel!

Distant cousin Elder Chase Carroll 
leaving on his mission next week to Puebla Mexico!

Elder Souday said, "Do a scary face!" lol


Family and Friends,

I LOVE MY MISSION! So many amazing things continue to happen!!

The other day, we get a call from a Ward Mission Leader, letting us know that a young boy named Jackson is ready to take the missionary discussions! We have been trying to meet with Jackson for the past 7 months, since I got in the mission and area!  Anyways, we met with Jackson for the first time last night, and he is now on date for February 22nd! His grandfather will be baptizing him :)

Boston is still solid on date for Feb. 15th! I am so excited for him, and for his father also! We have been focusing the commitments on Boston alone, but are actually going to start to extend the invitations the read and pray, to his father as well! I have high hopes for him :)

This past Wednesday, we were invited by an amazing investigator, Pam, to go with her and her husband to the Leonardo Museum in SLC to see the Dead Sea Scrolls! :) It was awesome and a great experience for Pam and her husband Jeff :) We are continuing to meet with them weekly!



For the past 6 months, we have continued to have a weekly Book of Mormon scripture reading with an investigator Chris. We read with Chris's family, our Stake President's family, and a few other families in the neighborhood. This past Monday, we had the opportunity to meet with just Chris alone. We had a great discussion, and have invited Chris to pray with a sincere heart, to know if the BoM is true... He has been challenged by other missionaries before, but accepted nonetheless. Please pray for Chris to have a firm confirmation of the truth of the Book of Mormon!

We are continuing to meet with the 10 year old girl Autumn. She surprised us last night when we met, at how much of the lessons she has retained! I don't think it will be long before a baptismal date will be set! :) Her dad is very supportive and has been coming back to Church for the past few months every Sunday. Please pray for Autumn and her dad!

I love this Gospel. I love the love that it brings. The joy and happiness. I wouldn't be anywhere else but here at this time in my life. I love it. I am so blessed to be a part of our Heavenly Father's miracles, everyday. God truly does work in mysterious ways, I can testify of that. But I can also testify that is always the right way. I have come so close to my Heavenly Father, and have realized how much for granted I have taken his love and Gospel. For that reason, I am eternally grateful for Jesus Christ and his Atonement. His endless mercy.

I invite you to pray for opportunities to share this Gospel. Ask sincerely to have people be put in your path and act on these answers to prayers (Because I can promise you that He will). I can promise you that you will be blessed, and that the people you come in contact will as well.

I love you all, thank you so much for your emails and letters!! I hope you are well at home, you are in my prayers. Stay busy and stay safe! :)

Much Love,
~Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week:  Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my wayshigher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

My favorite quote this week: "When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation.  And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart." - Hymn "How Great Thou Art."



No comments:

Post a Comment