Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Week 26: Six month mark & Transfers!!

Missionaries want to have fun too!


This transfer has come and gone!

Yesterday was a sad day.. I have been in this area (my first), for 6 months. That is almost unheard of in the mission. Saying goodbye to the friends I have made here was almost as hard as leaving home, back in July. We got transfer info about an hour ago and it turns out... I'm staying in this area!!!!!! :) 7 and 1/2 months!! I am so happy, I love this area. The people here are amazing and I know I have made lifelong friendships even in this short 6 months. Elder Souday and I will continue to be companions, which is awesome!! I love this guy! I am excited to see what the future has to bring in the next 6 weeks :)

The Darlings--One of the fun families that I've gotten close too!

We had a Zone Conference (basically a meeting with 2 zones (or groups of missionaries), with training from our Mission President last Thursday. It was a great meeting! One thing that stood out in particular to me in this meeting, is that the Lord qualifies us, when he calls us but, many are called, and few are chosen. We need to do everything we can to "magnify" our calling. I had the great opportunity to be able to sing for a Special Music Number, "I Need Thee Every Hour", accompanied by a talented Sister Tranchina of Spain :)


Roxanne had her baptismal interview this week and is still super solid for January 18th! :) I am so excited for her!! We are meeting one more time this week, to go to the Stake Center and see the baptismal font and wrap up plans for the baptism :)

We have continued to meet with 10 year old Autumn, she is doing great! She is the typical 10 year old and doesn't have much of an attention span... but that is ok! :) We just have to take things slow and let the Spirit be the teacher :) If i was the teacher,  I don't think I could get anything across! haha That is why I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and the comfort he brings me and others.

After a great lesson with Autumn!


 We had Stake Conference in on of our stakes yesterday! The adult session was Saturday night. It was a great meeting, with 2 members from the Seventy--Elder Porter and Elder Aidukaitis! The theme was "Hasten the Work of Salvation". During Elder Porter's talk, he looked right at Elder Souday and I and said "Whom ever of you is the bravest, come up here and help me." I looked at Elder Souday and his face said "There is no way I'm going up there!!" hahaha. At the pulpit, Elder Porter asked me what my purpose is as a missionary. I was able to tell him that my purpose is "To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.".. It really hit me when those words came out of my mouth. That IS truly my purpose as a missionary and as a member of the Church-- To invite all to come unto Christ. I love this work and am so blessed to be able to be called to serve Him.

Thank you all for your support and great spirits in your letters/emails! I love you all! I hope all is well at home, and that you are having the time of your life as i am here :) You are in my prayers, stay busy and stay safe!!

Much Love,
~Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week-- Philippians 4:13- "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

My favorite quote this week-- "I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby; 
Temptations lose their power when thou art nigh." - Hymn, I Need Thee Every Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment