Monday, May 18, 2015

WEEK 96: To My Cousins

Dear Cousins (and others!),

I would like to dedicate this letter to you! We have all been raised in good homes, and have been raised to follow Jesus Christ and his commandments. I'd like to bear you my witness, that everything that we have been taught by our "goodly parents", is true.

The mission has changed me. Well, the Lord has changed me, through the mission. I'm not in the slightest perfect, but he's taught me so much, and He's been able to help me improve and progress. He's been able to show me the greater perspective. He's shown me what matter most. He's helped me to see what I really want in life. He's helped me to start living for something higher than myself. I've gained a witness for myself, through diligent prayer and scripture study that He lives, and that Jesus is the Christ. 

I know at His Atonement is very real. He suffered the major consequences of our actions, so that we wouldn't have to, if we would just truly repent. I've felt his redeeming love from that great sacrifice. No matter what mistakes we may have made, we can always turn towards Him and he will accept us as we faithfully strive to follow Him. And when we do, He is able to change our nature. There is always hope. We are able to become more Christ-like with every small decision that we make. His Atonement makes it possible for us to find true joy in this life, and in the next. It's because of Him that we can return to live with our loving Heavenly Father. 

I know that Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw. We again have the fullness of he Gospel of Jesus Christ because of that event, and those events that followed. It's all true. It's incredible, the power and light that can come into your life, by simply loving God, living His laws, abiding by His principles, and serving His children. I know if I wish to find true joy in life, all I have to do is live His Gospel. It's really that simple. But, He wants all of us. He needs our full attention and diligence. It may not always be easy, but I know it always will work out if we put our trust in Him.

Stay close to Him in all you do. You've seen what happens to those who stray from the Gospel. Hold fast to he rod and obey Him. You'll more often be able to taste of the fruit that is "sweet above all at is sweet". He'll take care of you, and you'll be truly happy, I promise. 

Love,

~Elder Carroll

"And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." (Moroni 7:41)


Adam's Caynon hike in Layton today!


Diane's Baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment