Monday, May 18, 2015

WEEK 95: Visions and Blessings of Old Are Returning

MAY 11, 2015

It's been a fantastic week. Some of the people we've been working with have gone out of town for a bit for summer, but they're getting back soon! Diane is still on date for May 16th, and Alex for May 29th. And get this! Danny (from my last area) is on date for May 28th!! Great things are happening :) I love the mission.

The other day we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders in Bountiful, and so I was able to attend their monthly Zone Training Meeting. During the meeting, we sang Hymn #2, The Spirit of God. This song never necessarily grabbed my attention, but for some reason, it did this day. The words especially. There's something about music, that brings the Spirit so strongly. Here are some of the words..

The Spirit of God like a fire is burning!
The latter-day glory begins to come forth;
The visions and blessings of old are returning,
And angels are coming to visit the earth.

The Lord is extending the Saints' understanding,
Restoring their judges and all as at first.
The knowledge and power of God are expanding;
The veil o'er the earth is beginning to burst.

I'm a witness that the Lord really has and is bringing back the blessings "of old". Joseph Smith truly is the first Prophet of our time and I know he saw what he said he saw. I'm eternally grateful for the opportunities that we have to partake in His Ordinances and Covenants, that have come with this Restoration. I know if we make and keep our covenants, so much joy is in store. I know that by obeying His laws is what truly can set us free. I've seen it in my personal experience, in the lives of those around me, and through burning confirmations of the Spirit. The Atonement is real and has a lasting effect on those who search and obey Him.

By turning to the Lord in all we do, He is able to provide us with further light and knowledge that can benefit and bless us in incredible ways. I can't express through this email completely, what the Lord has helped me to understand and learn. This is His Gospel. His Son leads it. If we will follow him, we will find maximum amounts of joy in the life and into the eternities.

Turn towards Him.

~Elder Carroll

"Having ascended into heaven, having the bowels of mercy; being filled with compassion towards the children of men; standing betwixt them and justice; having broken the bands of death, taken upon himself their iniquity and their transgressions, having redeemed them, and satisfied the demands of justice." (Mosiah 15:9)



A nice Sunday drive.



 We finally got Ipads!

No comments:

Post a Comment