Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 58: A Burning In My Bosom!

Hey all,

This has been a fantastic week, with lot's of amazing experiences. I would like to share a video that I have been made aware of this week. It's quite amazing:

VIDEO:  The Will of God



We were able to share this video with a Less-Active family we are working with this week. It really put things into perspective for me. Our loving God only wants the best for us. He knows what's best for us. Sometimes, in order to build us up, he must cut us down. We learn from our mistakes and the trials put in our paths. I am eternally grateful that my God loves me so much that He is willing to give me hardships in my life, in order to help me become strong. We may not always be able to see the reason behind a challenge in our lives, but I can strongly testify that everything happens for a reason. And if we endure till the end, we will eventually see those reasons. I know it. I've seen it in my own life and in the lives of people around me. We must hold strong and trust in our God. "[He] will not fail thee, nor forsake thee". I testify of the truth of that miraculous promise made by our loving Lord and Savior.

There is one other video i would like to share.  This video was shared to us by a Less-Active family we are working with. The Spirit pierced my heart as i watched this. I can confidently say that at this time I felt that "burning in my bosom". I am so grateful for the sacrifice of my loving Brother and Savior Jesus Christ. Without Him, I would be nothing. I would live for nothing. With Him, I am able to repent and change. I am able to change for the better. I am able to return to live with Him once again. We are so blessed to have the knowledge of which we have. We must stay true and faithful to our Lord and God, and I promise that He will be with us. We must do our best to have daily personal/spouse/family prayer and scripture study. We must faithfully attend all of our church meetings. We must be actively attending the Temple, if at all possible. If we make time for our God, He will make time for us.


VIDEO:  Sky Angel Cowboy



We are currently working with a particular Part-Member/Less-Active family. The father was raised FLDS (Fundamentalist LDS), and in a polygamist home. He does not practice polygamy, but he does not see anything wrong with it.  A great man, but a very stubborn cow boy :)  The mom is a less-active member, and only attends church about twice a year.  They have 11 children, ranging from ages 19 to 1!  An amazing family!  They are pretty much self-sufficient in all aspects of material needs. They milk their own cows for milk, they harvest corn and alfalfa.  They have a greenhouse and one of the biggest gardens I've ever seen.  They have chickens for eggs.  They also have pigs for slaughtering.  It's quite amazing what they do! I tell you these things mostly because they're interesting (haha), but also to ask for your prayers for them. We don't know exactly how to reach them. They are a great family, but lack a sense of urgency for religion in their life.  Please pray that we may know what we can best do to help this family.

"The Spirit of God like a fire is burning!
The latter-day glory begins to come forth;
The visions and blessings of old are returning,
And angels are coming to visit the earth." 
-The Spirit of God - Hymn #2

Full Length Song:  "The Spirit of God"
performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir


I love music.  This line struck me yesterday while in one of the three sacrament meetings we were able to attend.  The marvelous wonder of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is truly amazing. God loves all of His children, and want's all to return to Him.  He has restored His wonderful Gospel for our benefit.  Let us take full advantage of the blessings that are in store for us, as we obey His gentle command.  I know that as we follow Him, we will be happy.  We will still have trials and challenges in our lives, but we will find strength in our Lord.

The mission continues to help me learn and grow as a saint and as a child of God. I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity I have to serve my Lord full-time as His personal representative.  The joy that comes from sharing this great message is indescribable.  If you wish to find more happiness in your life, please do not hesitate to share this great joy that you know and love :)

Stay busy, stay safe, and stay close to the Lord! I promise he will bless you.

Love,
Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week: A church member showed us this scripture and said this is the reason he likes to feed us!  Keep this in mind when you see the missionaries haha :) "Whoso receiveth you, receiveth me; and the same will feed you, and clothe you, and give you money.  And he who feeds you, or clothes you, or gives you money, shall in nowise lose his reward." (D&C 84:89-90)

Preaching amongst the cows :)

                             
Wrestlin' dem hogs!

At the Great Salt Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment