Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Week 55: "The Truth Will Make You Free"


The Neighborhood "GANG!"
These kids are always running around the apartment
complex that we work in! lol

Opening the "Hump Day" package that my mom sent!


Family and Frieeeeends!

This week has been great, not too much going on though. One of our most progressing investigators, Chelsea, is out of town and we are working with just a few others.

We have the great blessing and opportunity to work with many less-active members in our stake, and (unfortunately) we are working with quite a few. They are steadily coming back to church and enjoying it. I feel so blessed to be able to see the Lord work miracles with them. The happiest people that I know, are the ones who do their best to best live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and use His infinite Atonement, daily.

A testimony is one of the greatest gifts that our Heavenly Father can bless us with. We must start with just a "particle of faith", and the Lord will help us to come to a sure knowledge of the truth of His doctrine. If we follow Him in every footstep, He will lead us to happiness. When we mess up, he is right there with his arm stretched forth, waiting to forgive us. The Lord is merciful and so loving. As long as we are willing to admit our faults, and change our lives for the better, He is right there, ready to help us along!! I know He lives and that he truly did suffer for us. I have been able to feel the effects of the Atonement in my own life, and in the lives of many others here in the field. The Atonement is real. Please use it often!! I promise that your burden may be made light through Him.

"27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Ether 12:27)

If we are humble enough to come unto Christ, accept Him as our Savior, live by his commandments, and follow him, he will be there with us every step of the way. We must be diligent in praying to our Loving Heavenly Father daily, reading our scriptures daily, and faithfully attending our church meetings weekly. I promise that as we do these things, we will have nothing to worry about. Yes, trials will still come, but the Lord will never give us something that we cannot handle. (1 Nephi 3:7) He will take care of us. He loves us. He wants the best for us. He is the stable variable, and we are the ones who must change and come unto him.

If we will just humble ourselves and try our best to live as He wants us to, we will find so much joy and happiness. I know this. I have seen it. I can surely testify of this. I know it and i love it. I am so grateful to be blessed with this knowledge. The blessings of living His Gospel are indescribable.

I love this Gospel and am so blessed to be able to teach it to everyone i come in contact with. The joy of seeing people come unto and come back to Christ are so amazing. I love it.

Thank you so much for all the constant emails/letters/support. It means so much. I love you all!! :)

Love,
Elder Carroll


My favorite scripture this week:  John 8:31-31 " 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

No comments:

Post a Comment