Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 49: Why Join The Church? Answer: WHY NOT?!


Family and Frieeeeends!

I don't have too much time, so I would just like to share a quick experience we had this week…

A few days ago, as we were walked back to the car after an awesome lesson with a less-active couple, we saw this black guy getting out of his car so we decided to walk over and talk with him! We asked him if he had ever met or talked with missionaries before and he said yes!  He informed us that he is a convert of 10 years.  He's originally from New York City and became converted after moving here to Utah.  He said he knows that the Lord guided him here because he had no idea why he had to come, but just that he needed to.  After listening a little bit to his story, I asked him "Why did you decide to join this Church?"  He responded, "Why not?!".

After about a 30min conversation standing next to his car (he can talk!), we set up a return appointment to talk more with him at his home and then said goodbye.  As we walked off and up still to this moment, all I could and can think about is his response. "Why not?!"

He's so right!! Why would anybody not want to join this Church?  All it does is bring happiness.  Once someone understands the importance of the Restoration and Priesthood power, everything else falls into place. This is God's church and I can testify of that.  The blessings that following the joining of his church are undeniable.  God loves us and wants the best for all of His children.  Joining and being a member of His church may not always be easy, but hey, Salvation doesn't come cheap!

I am so grateful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Without him, I would be nothing.  His saving Atonement is essential to our exaltation.  I am blessed to be able to apply it in my life, every day.

If you have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, or know somebody who does, don't hesitate to ask the missionaries! Please do not be shy in sharing the joy and love that you know in living this Gospel. I promise you that you will be blessed when you share this great miracle.

Please take a second watch this short talk by Elder Nelson! :)

Ask the Missionaries! They Can Help You!


I love you all, stay close to the Lord, stay busy, and stay safe!

Love,
~Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week - Mosiah 2:41 - "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

My favorite quote this week-"There's always reason to doubt. But there's always reason to believe. And I choose to believe." - Unknown

PS - Shout out to Mama Molly Mormon Frost and my good man KJ!!!!



A member needed some help in practicing some pics, 
so we thought we'd help him out! :) haha


No comments:

Post a Comment