Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 50: It is REAL!

ELDER BURT & I
LOVE BEING MISSIONARIES!


Hey guys!

This has been a wonderful and full week of teaching.  I can see it happen right before my eyes! :)   When we put our best effort forward, the Lord blesses us with miracles. It's such a blessing to be a part of this great and amazing work.  The Lord has blessed us with 42 total lessons this week! The work here on the earth is truly hastening.   It is a privilege to work with these amazing people and to see them progress closer and closer to our Savior.   I love it!

Transfer are in!!!!  Being able to serve this past transfer (6 weeks) as a District Leader has been an amazing experience.   I have so much enjoyed being able to interact with all 4 companionships in the district.  I have learned a lot about myself and where I can improve in my character and also in hastening His great work.

With these transfers, I have been released as a District Leader and have been asked to serve as a Zone Leader here in Bountiful.  Although still in Bountiful Zone, I will be moving areas.  I will be serving in the North Salt Lake Legacy Stake in NSL (not my old area, but just West of it!). I am excited to serve the missionaries of the Bountiful Zone (North Salt Lake, Woods Cross, and Bountiful).   I am puzzled at why the Lord chooses the inadequate, but know that he qualifies his servants (D&C 4:5).  I am grateful for this opportunity and know with the Lord, anything is possible (Alma 26:12).

OUR DISTRICT

OUR ZONE


This past week, Elder Smith and I have compiled a video depicting our Savior and His saving Atonement. Even though I've seen the video multiple times, I feel the Spirit so strong each time I do.

"I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify."   --Hymn #193  I Stand All Amazed

It truly amazes me of what the Lord has done for me personally.  What He did in the Garden is REAL.  His act of love is available to all that believe on his name.  He wants to forgive us of our mistakes.  All we must do is put forth our best effort in following Him and His teachings.  Repenting when we mess up, and striving to do our best.  I am eternally grateful for our Redeemer.  The power of his Atonement is real, I can testify of that.  I have felt the undeniable love and forgiveness that comes from repentance. It's so real.  The happiest people I know are those that repent and come unto their Savior.

I love this Work and couldn't ask to be anywhere else better at this point in my life. I find such joy in helping others by inviting them to come unto Christ. I know God and His Son live. This Work is real, I know it is.  I have seen it in action right before me.

Thanks to everyone for the constant love and support. Please stay close to our Lord, stay busy, and stay safe!

Much Love,
~Elder Carroll

My favorite quote this week: 
"Dangers may gather--why should we fear?
Jesus, our Leader, ever is near.
He will protect us, comfort, and cheer.
We're joyfully, joyfully marching to our home." – Hymn #250 We Are All Enlisted

My favorite scripture this week: John 3:17 - "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

No comments:

Post a Comment