Friday, May 2, 2014

Week 41 - "It shall be given you..."


Hey everyone!

First off, I'd like to give a birthday shout out to my old man! Happy Birthday Dad! :)

This has been an eventful week. The Lord has blessed us with many people to share His message with. 

Joe is progressing greatly and is doing well! He said something yesterday that really caught us off guard.. We asked him how he has been feeling as we have discussed the Restored Gospel over the past month, and he said, "I couldn't see myself living without this." My jaw dropped! The problem is, he still believes he hasn't received an answer yet.. He will soon enough :) He is doing everything he needs to be doing in order to receive that witness of this Gospel for himself :) Please keep him in your prayers, that he will receive his own witness! 

Although it's been very apparent to me since the beginning of my mission that the Spirit is the true teacher, and is the one who converts others.. This week I have truly witnessed the Spirit work through the Lord's servants. It's hard to explain, but it happens exactly how the scriptures explain it..

D&C 100:5-6 - "Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; 


"For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say."

This past week it almost seems like I just open my mouth and it's not me talking. It's extraordinary. I don't even have to think about what I'm going to say.. it just comes out and is exactly what the investigator needs to hear. I know the Lord is great. I know that this is His work. I know he prepares a way for all of his children to return to Him. I know he works in mysterious ways, and I love it. It is such a testimony builder for me. I love the Lord and am so grateful to be able to serve Him in this great time.

I shared this talk/video awhile back, but i feel inclined to share it again. If you have 15 minutes, please watch this :) https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/come-join-with-us?lang=eng

I love this Gospel and I love my mission. And I love all you for the support you have shown me! :)

Thank you so much, you are in my prayers, stay busy and stay safe! :)

Much Love,
~Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week - D&C 100 7-8 "[A] commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things.
And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say."

No comments:

Post a Comment