Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 42: The Missionaries Are Here To Help YOU!

Jammin' with the neighborhood kids!
Teaching Elder Boyles a few riffs on the bass!


Hello!!

A lot of great things are happening! The Lord has blessed us with a total of 42 individuals (14 Investigators, 24 "Less-Actives", and 4 Recent Converts) to be working with! We are so fortunate to be in such a great area, with great members who are willing to share His great message.

Can I just tell you.. Missionaries are not put in your area for you to help them.. They are put there so that THEY can help YOU! Sure, missionaries are called to teach and preach the standard missionary discussions, but they're only around for 2-6 months! You've lived in your home and neighborhood for 20 years!! You know your neighbors! You know who are church members and who are not! You know who is receptive and who is not! Please do not hesitate to share the Pearl of Great Price that you have in your life. His message and Gospel is the greatest single gift any person on this earth could receive. Please continually pray for constant missionary opportunities. I promise you that as you do so our Loving Heavenly Father WILL give them to you! When he know's you are willing, he will bless you ("Many are called, few are chosen" - D&C 121:40). I promise that as you receive these opportunities and actually ACT on them, you will find tremendous joy, just as I have, serving the amazing people of Utah. It might be hard at first, but soon enough, it becomes very natural and the Lord will bless you with what you should say (D&C 100:6) :)

Joe is doing great.. He know's the Gospel is true, but is having a hard time with his Catholic family.. They aren't too happy about him wanted to learn more about the Latter-Day Saints. I wish they could just understand what this Gospel is really all about. It's about being happy. It's about being with our families forever. It's about service. It's about loving everyone. It's about increasing our knowledge in area's of great worth. It's about knowing that God loves all of His children. 

During District Meeting this week, we sang Hymn # 243, "Let Us All Press On". One particular line stood out to me:

"If we do what's right we have no need to fear,
For the Lord, our helper, will ever be near;"

It's so true. If we follow the council of the prophets and Jesus Christ, we really dont have anything to worry about. Sure, life isn't gonna be all peachy all the time, but because I know that God know's better than I do, I know that he gives me trials that I need. They are given to us so that we can learn. God would never give us trials to bring us down, but only to lift us higher :) So let us all press on!!

I can't stress enough, the joy and true happiness that his Gospel brings. I love my mission, and I love the people I serve with and around. I love the Lord and I am so grateful for his Atonement. 

Hope you have a wonderful week, please stay busy and stay safe!! :)

Much Love,
Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week - Alma 26:8 "Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea,let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment