Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 12 Conference Weekend!

Hey guys!

So it has been a great week, once again! September has already come and gone, I can tell these 2 years will also come and go so fast.

Ok, so yesterday I ate 3 dinners. A few appointments fell through and so we had some dead time. We visited some of our leaders and each one had another plate of food for us hahaha. I have already gained 15lbs since I've been here.. apparently the average wait gain is 60lbs..... we'll see how that goes haha. I feel like my stomach has stretched 3 times as big.. When we eat with older couples, they MAKE you eat.. especially this week in particular, they just keep handing you food!! haha I love it. The members are great and such a blessing to us.

It snowed a few days ago! The mountains were covered and there were certain places were it stuck to the ground! I dont think I'm ready for the cold!!

We have been meeting with Ireland regularly as normal, and have taught her everything, but still have not been able to pick a date for her baptism. Her parents' schedules are crazy and unfortunately, baptism doesn't seem like a priority right now. We are going over again tomorrow.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned her, but we've recently been meeting with a new investigator, Carrie Magdiel. She's married to a less-active member. They just got married a few months ago and just had their reception this past Friday. They invited us so we went and had a great time. Carrie has had 2 missionary discussions so far, and we have a set time every Wednesday to meet with her. She is very receptive to what we teach.

Chris Pratt was able to come with us to the Sunday AM session of conference!! It was the best session in my opinion, so i think it was the best one for him to be at. Conference overall was great. It is such a blessing to be so close to SLC.. I cant even express how grateful I am to be serving in such an amazing mission.

Hope you guys are doing great, you're always in my prayers. Thank you again for everyone sending letters and email, i am so grateful. Stay safe!

-Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week: Alma 32:16 Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without stubbornness of heart, yea, without being brought to know the word, or even compelled to know, before they will believe.




No comments:

Post a Comment