Thursday, October 24, 2013

Week 14 Transfers coming up and VIDEO!


Hey everyone!

It's been a busy week! Transfers got moved to tomorrow, instead of Wednesday! I'm getting a new companion, but staying in the same area. More info on him next week!

So this last Tuesday, we had a "Mission Tour". Which is basically when half of the mission comes and we are trained by a General Authority. Elder Clark of the 70 was able to train us this week. It was seriously amazing. He is a great speaker and just really motivated everyone. He gave us a promise. That if we do our best to help God's children receive His Gospel, God will send people to people in our lives that need it. What an amazing promise.

James is doing great still, we are meeting with him weekly. He is just an amazing young man and is still looking forward to being baptized in January. He has lots of interesting questions that keep us studying hard :)

Ireland has not set a date for baptism, but we have been meeting with her weekly. She has a hard time reading, so for the lessons, we are just reading the children's comic book Book of Mormon with her. She knows she wants to be baptized, so its just a matter of getting her parents to make it a priority and schedule it.

Chris Pratt is still doing well. We are meeting with him weekly also, still doing a Family Home Evening/Scripture study every Monday at the Stake Presidents house. He has lots of interesting and insightful comments. We are meeting again with him tonight.

So this past Friday, we went again to the Davis High Varsity football game. It's hilarious. The students freak when they see us. Always asking for pictures and everything hahaha :) It's such a great spirit there. We were able to get 7 referrals from the students that night! The team is undefeated  and the play offs are coming up soon, so there will be a few more home games for us to go to!

This week we had the opportunity to help out with a local haunted house! It's run out of someones home, and is put on for a charity. It was a great time :)



I love being able to do service. I think that is my most favorite thing about being a missionary. Besides being able to see people receive the Gospel for the first time, being able to serve all day everyday is just amazing. I have nothing more to worry about other than "Who will i serve today?" It's an amazing feeling to have.

I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve The Lord in His work. I've only been out 3 months, but it has seriously flown by. I try to make the best of every day I am here, because i know that before i know it, i'll be on a plane headed home. The miracles i have seen just in the past few months are such testimony builders. I've seen people literally raise there hands in the air and accept baptism. It is just amazing to be a part of. I love this work and this Gospel that we have.

Please pray for James, Ireland, and Chris. Please pray for opportunities to share the Gospel. The Lord wants to put people in our paths, it is just up to us to realize the countless opportunities he gives us to share it. Bare you testimony frequently. I've come to a realization that the reason I'm on a mission (for the right reason) is because someone back home bore their testimony to me. It hit me like nothing ever had before, and completely changed me. Take every opportunity you can to tell others how grateful you are for the wonderful Gospel you have in your life.

I hope all is well at home. Thanks again to everyone for the constant emails and letters i receive from you guys! Really means a lot to me :) Stay safe. you are in my prayers! :)


My favorite scripture this week:D&C 97:8 Verily say unto you, all among them who know their hearts are honestand are broken, and their spirits contrite, and are willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice yea, every sacrifice which I, the Lord, 
shall command—they are accepted of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment