Sunday, November 2, 2014

WEEK 67: Become As Little Children


 Mark 15:16 
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, 
and preach the gospel to every creature."



October 27, 2014

Hey!

Missionary work is so satisfying!  Although it's not always fun and joyous happy times every second out here in the field, the good days always triumph over the bad. The days can be long, but the weeks are short.  The reward of testifying and having the knowledge of this Gospel by far outweighs any trial or obstacle that stands in our path.  I love the opportunity of challenge!

Alissa is still solid for being baptized this weekend! She has a lot of member friends that are planning on coming so there should be a great turnout for her baptism!  We are still trying to work with her Less-Active member aunt and uncle whom she lives with, but the progress is slow.  She will not be able to be baptized by her uncle, but hopefully in the Lord's time, he will have more of a desire to come back into activity.

Great news!  Brad is now on date for baptism on November 29th!  He's an honest truth seeker (probably more than anyone I have ever taught) and is steadily reading from the scriptures, praying and coming to church! So excited for him! :)

This past Saturday we were able to take Brad, his wife, Alissa, and some of her friends to Temple Square for tours and to see the Joseph Smith movie (Prophet of the Restoration).  I love that movie!  I've seen it probably 10 times on the mission and each and every time I get a greater confirmation that Joseph truly was chosen to be God's Prophet and mouthpiece.  Every single time I am able to testify of the truthfulness of Joseph's words, I can feel the Spirit so strongly.  I can testify with power and confidence that Joseph truly saw what he said he saw in the grove.  What a marvelous and life changing experience for all of us who come to a knowledge that that event truly did happen.

Alissa and her friend with us at Temple Square


I cannot stress enough, the importance of reading and pondering for ourselves, the words of Christ and His prophets.

"What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." (D&C 1:38)

If we would just be willing to take the time and effort to more constantly read His word, we would be so much better off, and would find so much happiness in doing so.  If we are too busy to read our scriptures, we're busier than God ever intended us to be.

"And inasmuch as they were humble they might be made strong, and blessed from on high, and receive knowledge from time to time." (D&C 1:28)

We must humble ourselves and put the Lord first in all that we do.  If we make time for the Lord, He will make time for us.

Yesterday in one of our wards, we had the privilege of being edified by the small children in their Primary Program. It struck me, at the short, simple, but powerful truths that were being taught and recited. The Lord once counseled:

"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matt. 8:2-3)

We must humble ourselves, and become humble and meek and submissive to whatever the Lord see's fit to put us through. We must abandon our pride and follow Him. He'll be right there beside us every step of the way and our lives will be that much easier.

I love this work. I love the Lord. I love the plainness and simplicity that comes from His teachings. I know as we follow them, we will find so much happiness not only in this life, but in the life to come.

Love you all! Keep up the good work and stay close to the Lord in all you do!

Love,
Elder Carroll

"Press forward, feasting on the word of Christ.
Receive his name, rejoicing in his might.
Come unto God; find everlasting light." Hymn #81 v. 2 Press Forward, Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment