Sunday, November 2, 2014

WEEK 66- They Are The Words of Christ!

October 20, 2014

Hellooooooo!

I loveeeeeee missionary work! The joy that comes from proclaiming the Gospel to others.. I can't even describe to you! It's marvelous.

Alissa is still excited to be baptized on November 1st! Things are going well and she is steadily progressing.

One of the new investigators we found last week, Brad, is doing super well too! He's met with missionaries in the past, but nothing ever really sparked his interest. That has completely changed now though! He is full of questions. We had a great lesson on "opening the door for Christ" to come into our lives. He completely agreed that opening that door is something he wants to do. He has been reading the Book of Mormon with his wife (an active member), praying, and he came to church with us yesterday for all 3 hours! At the end of our first lesson, before we had a chance to set up a return appointment, Brad said anxiously, "When are you guys come back??"... haha I love it!! I am so excited for him. It's amazing what the Lord can do for us, when we are willing to let him in.


So you remember Patrick? The guy I was telling you about last week, who got baptized a year ago (along with his 3 boys), and just got sealed to his wife a few weeks ago. He is freakin’ awesome!! He wants to share the Gospel with EVERYONE!  Because it's helped him  Because he knows the happiness that comes from living it. The other night we had an appointment to come visit him and his family, and when we showed up.. he had his non-member 13 year old little brother there for us to teach!! So now we're steadily teaching him! His name is Jordan and he is a super sharp kid!  Came to church with us yesterday. This work is so great!!

Patrick and his family!

The other day I had the opportunity to ask a potential baptismal candidate during her baptismal interview, why she wanted to be baptized. She responded, "I want to be happy."... That's what this life is all about people!! "..Men are that they might have joy." (2 Nephi 2:25) That's what this Gospel has to offer--Everlasting happiness. I can testify that the happiest people I know, are the ones who learn and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it's teachings.

Can I just say... the Book of Mormon is TRUE! It's so true! It's so real. I can't express my excitement about it over this email... It's truly the word of God. My testimony echo's that of Joseph Smiths:

"The Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man will get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”

If we put some effort into actually reading this divine book that has been given to us for our benefit, we can find so much happiness. It is by reading the Book of Mormon that we can know individually, for ourselves, that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's true and living church. 

If you have 15 minutes, please use it to watch this powerful talk by Elder Holland on the Book of Mormon:



I know that "no wicked man could write such a book [as the Book of Mormon]; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so.”

"But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good. And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light,and the life, and the truth of the world." (Ether 4:11-12)

I know that any honest seeker of truth can know for a surety of the divinity by simply reading it, and asking God if it is his word. The Book of Mormon only persuades men to do good. To follow Christ.

"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ,we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies,that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (2 Nephi 25:26)

Some people in the world say the Book of Mormon is not the word of God. Some say it's inspired by the devil.. Well, Christ once counseled the Pharisees:

"Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand. And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?" (Matthew 12:25-26)

How can the Book of Mormon be of the devil if the whole dang book's purpose is to convince people that Jesus is the Christ!? It can't. It's of God and inspired by God.

Nephi bears a powerful testimony of which I give my 2nd witness:

" Hearken unto these words (of the Book of Mormon) and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good. And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day" (2 Nephi 33:10-11)

I know these words are true and will defend them forever.

Love you all! Keep up the good work, stay close to Him, and the Lord will bless you!

Love,
Elder Carroll


Proselyting in Tooele County

Doing service in Erda!


No comments:

Post a Comment