Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 61 Anxiously Engaged In a Good Cause!

Hi all!

This has been a fantastic week!! I LOVE this work!!!!!! :)

First off, a young girl that I was privileged to teach in Bountiful, was baptized this past Saturday! Cami is her name! She is 9 and her family went less-active when Cami was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago.  With Cami undergoing chemo, radiation, and a bone-marrow-transplant, she was not able to go outside the house for months. Thus, the family didn't go to church.  After Cami got better(cancer free!), they were just in the habit of not going.  But Cami's dad was able to baptize her, and the family is now returning to church :) I love the mission!!



For her baptism, Cami sang "Families Can Be Together Forever."  
Here is a version of that song.  Take a listen...


"I have a family here on earth.
They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all eternity.

Fam'lies can be together forever
Through Heavn'ly Father's plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can."

The lyrics stood out to me so greatly. This is what it's all about, people!! Although baptism is a huge step, it's only registration, not graduation! :) Graduation would be for a family to be sealed in the right place, by the right authority! How blessed we are to be apart of this great and wondrous Gospel!

Speaking of the temple, we just got back from a session at the Salt Lake Temple!! I love the temple so much. What a kindred Spirit to be felt within the walls of our Father's house.



This past week, one of the ward members let us help him out with a service project.  We got to help him harvest honey from his 100 beehives that he farms!  It was good work and a great experience. Something that stood out to me today in the Temple... There are beehive symbols all around the entire temple! On the walls, on the ground, on the doorknobs, everywhere!  As I’m sure there are so many things to be taken out of this symbol, I would say one of them would be the symbolism of the honey bee's and how they are always busy and working hard.  As with the Saints, we should always be "anxiously engaged in a good cause" (D&C 58:27). An Idol mind is the devil's playground. We must fill our minds and lives with good things and enjoy the joy and blessings that accompany them! :)



A few days ago, my companion and I went to Wal-Mart to get some missionary supplies. As we were swiping our items at the self-checkout line, a guy runs up behind us and says "Hey Elders! I got this for you!" After thanking him and talking for a second, we came to find out that he served right here in the Utah Salt Lake City mission ('98-'00).  His first area was here in Tooele, and he covered the entire valley--just him and his companion!! Their area went all the way to Wendover, NV! Through conversation, he mentioned that he was able to see over 130 people enter into the waters of baptism while he was serving! We asked him if he still kept in contact with any of them and he said "No way man, I’d be lucky if even 2 of them were still active. They were just all numbers to me."... My heart dropped!  As the conversation continued, it was very apparent that he was not proud of his actions on his mission service, but I could tell that he had repented. He was a good man!

It really just made me think... the people that we invite into the Gospel are REAL people! They are not a number or statistic!! They are a beloved soul of our Heavenly Father and he needs them back.  We must put some real urgency into this Hastening of the Work of Salvation! I know that as we do, we will be blessed. We will find joy. We will spread joy.

D&C 18:10,15 - "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"

I had the great blessing and opportunity to interview a young girl for baptism this past week.  Because she was over the age of 8 (9 yrs old), she had to be interviewed by a missionary.  She was such a cute little girl, so meek and humble. It was just a reminder to me how we all must be as little children, in order to enter into our Fathers rest.  We must drop completely our pride, grudges, or hatred towards any other who may have done us wrong. It may be hard at times, but we must remember that we may only obtain forgiveness, once we are willing to forgive.

I am so grateful for this amazing service that our God has blessed me with.  I know, with every fiber of my body that this is God's true and living kingdom once again restored on the Earth. The Prophet Joseph truly did see what he said he saw. He saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. And for this my knowledge I am eternally grateful.

Love you all! Thanks so everyone for the emails/letters! I love them!! Hope you have a wonderful and eventful week! Stay busy, stay safe, and stay close to our Lord! :)

Much love,
Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week- Alma 26:12 - " Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Write me at:
Elder Hayden Carroll
1535 S. Edison St.
SLC, UT 84115

David Bowie Chicken!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment