Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 62 Ogden, UT Temple Re-dedication!!

Hi all!

Another amazing week of the Lords work has come and goneeeee!

I was able to attend 2 baptisms back in one of my old area of Bountiful—one for Chelsea and one for Amber!! Chelsea is married to a Returned Missionary who recently has gotten back into activity.  She was raised Catholic but never really went to mass.  I am soooo happy for her, her husband Joe and her decision to more fully follow her Savior Jesus Christ in her life.

Chelsea and her husband Joseph at her baptism!


Amber is a similar situation. Her husband was raised in the church and only became active about 7 years ago. They've been married for only about a year.  I am so blessed to have been able to work with them and enjoy the Spirit in their home as we taught the discussions. Both Chelsea/Joe and Amber/Tim are planning on getting sealed in the Temple in a years’ time :)

We have transfers this Tuesday, and I will be staying in Erda!! I will be getting a new companion, Elder Burt!!!!! I've been lucky enough to know Elder Burt for about a year now and I am soooo stoked to serve with him! He's from Washington state and has been out for about 17 months!

I have worked the hardest I have ever worked on my mission, in these past 6 weeks. If you haven't noticed, I haven't been writing too much about the people we're teaching... and well it's because we didn't have too many people to teach! haha. But! This past week, we have picked up 6 new investigators, 3 of which are on date for baptism!! The Lord has truly blessed us and shown us miracles. I have such a strong testimony that The Lord works in mysterious ways, and in His own due time. If we will just have faith in Him, trust Him, and obey, everything will work out. I know it.

We have the amazing opportunity and privilege of attending 1 of the 3 Temple Re-dedications for the Ogden, UT Temple. The temple was closed down in 2011 for renovation. But, was eventually just torn to the ground so that they could start from scratch. The dedication was awesome! A truly kindred Spirit could be felt as we were taught by our beloved Prophet and Apostles, as well as during the dedicatory prayer itself.

The Ogden Temple

Elder Bednar spoke and mentioned a few great points about the contrast between the Temple and the world we live in today, that I would like to share. First, he mentioned that as the things of this world are quickly tearing families apart, the Temple is strongly sealing families together by the power and authority of the Priesthood. Second, as the world is struggling in constant confusion, in the Temple we are able to gain knowledge and wisdom about so many different things. And lastly, in this world today, people are so worried about their image, and what others think about them.  But in the Temple, all are equal and dress in white.  God is no respecter of persons. Being able to attend the Temple Re-dedication was such an uplifting experience. I am so grateful to be able to partake in the blessings of the Temple that God has in store for all of His children.  I know true doctrine, covenants, and ordinances have been restored to the earth in our time.  What a great blessing and knowledge we have.

I had the great opportunity to interview an individual for baptism this past week. I am so blessed with the chance to do so. I love being able to talk to soon-to-be recent converts. Their faith is so simple, yet powerful. Whenever I have the chance during the interview, I ask each and every candidate why they personally want to be baptized. Answers vary from person to person, but this week I think I got my favorite answer from Derek, who is about 40 years old.  After asking him why he wanted to be baptized, he smiled and said "I want to go to the Temple and be sealed to my family forever."  I can't explain to you the joy that filled into my heart when those words came out of his mouth! Ahhhhhh! I just want to jump and scream for joy!!! This is what it is all about!! Getting to the Temple. being sealed to our families and partaking in the blessings of our God. I love it!!



I invite all those worthy and able, to go more often to the Temple! To feel of the Spirit more fully in our lives. As a personal representative of Jesus Christ, I promise you that as you do so, you will be blessed-- both temporally and spiritually. Please do not deprive yourself of the blessings of the Temple! They are truly amazing and we are so incredibly blessed to be able to attend. Especially if you live in AZ or UT! How blessed we are to have so many Temples, so close to us. Let us do our best to attend the Temple regularly and make it even more so part of our lives :)

"There was no other good enough
To pay the price of sin.
He only could unlock the gate
Of heav'n and let us in." 
- Hymn: "There Is a Green Hill Far Away"



This is a line from one of my favorite hymns. I am so grateful and appreciative of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know it is by Him that all mankind may be saved as long as we obey and love him. We all fall, but our Brother is right there with his arm extended, to lift us up. It is up to us to grab ahold of his all-saving grace. He will not make us clean against our will. We must come unto him and partake in the saving ordinances that he has provided for us. What a marvelous knowledge we are blessed with. I cannot express through words, my love and gratitude for our beloved Redeemer.

I can strongly testify of the truth of this Gospel, and the happiness that comes by living it. I know that by following the Prophet of our day, treasuring up the words of life, and loving and obeying our loving God, we will find joy in this life and everlasting joy in the life to come.

Love you all, thanks to everyone for your emails and letters of love and support! Keep up the good work, stay close to the Lord and he will bless you!! :)

~Elder Carroll

Write me at:
Elder Hayden Carroll
1535 S. Edison St.
SLC, UT 84115

Preachin’ amongst the alpacas.


On an exchange in Wendover!

No comments:

Post a Comment