Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 32: Transferred after nearly 8 months in same area!

THE DISTRICT

Hi all!

My long and wondrous stay in Kaysville/Fruit Heights as finally come to an end. I have come to a love for the people here, it is truly amazing. It will be hard to go. I have been here for 5 transfers (Almost 8 months) and could have stayed my entire mission. BUT, I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for the next few transfers!

I will be moving to North Salt Lake, only about 10 or 15 minutes south of where I am now! My new companion's name is Elder Boyles, from Washington state! He was in my district a few transfers ago, he's a cool guy so I'm super stoked to work with him! My address will change, so I will get that to you asap! :) Oh yeah, one of our current Bishops said that his mom lives in NSL, and that 3 Apostles live in her ward... Crazy! Don't know if that is 100% true, but I'll find out soon enough!

This area is doing great. We are currently working with 18 separate people. 6 investigators, 6 less-actives, and 6 recent converts! It has been an awesome transfer! :)

Jaxon was baptized yesterday! It was an amazing experience. His Grandfather (who just recently returned back to the church) baptized him and a good family friend confirmed him in church yesterday. Jaxon's mom is less-active, but tears came to her eyes on that day. The Spirit was so strong. I am so grateful to be about of this marvelous work.




We just got our car back this week, but we had an amazing experience while walking down the street before we got it back. As we were walking, a lady randomly slowed down on the road, rolled down her window and yelled "Hey Missionaries! I need to talk to you!".. We were like what the heck.. alright then! Turns out, she was baptized when she was 8 years old, but has never been active. She said she wants to take the missionary discussions and get sealed in the Temple with her husband!! Let me tell you, I wasn't too happy about losing the car and having to walk in the rain, but the Lord let's miracles happen when you do His work. We got her information, and it turns out that she actually not in our area. So we handed her off to another set of elders, and they said she is golden! I love my mission :)

Pam is doing awesome. She has some concerns, but nothing that can't be worked out :) Yesterday her and Jeff (her husband) had us over for lunch, and we read Alma 5 with them. After reading it, and seeing how Alma the Younger got his testimony, she decided she needed to do the same! She committed herself to fast for 3 DAYS (only drinking fluids)! We told her that was not necessary, but she insisted.. So please pray for her to get a confirmation of the truth of this Gospel! 

Alma 5:46 -  "Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me."

Please also keep Autumn, Chris, and Cari in your prayers!

Yesterday (Sunday) was one of the busiest Sunday's I've ever had. We literally had appointments from 7am till 9pm, every hour! It was awesome! We were able to help teach a Gospel Principles class, a priests quorum class, and a mission prep class!

Transfers are tomorrow, so I will get my new address out asap! Thanks to everyone who write and emails! :) And also thanks to everyone that I have been privileged to know in my life, I am so grateful for each and everyone of you and the influences you have had on me! Thank you so much.

My invitation to you this week is to invite someone you dont know, to come to church with you on Sunday :) Trust me, the Lord works in mysterious ways and we never know who is ready to receive his Gospel. Try it :)

Love you all! Hope you are all well at home, stay busy and stay safe! :)

Much Love,
~Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week: Ephesians 4:32 - "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you."

My favorite quote this week: "Once you've done all you can do, you have to let the Lord take over." - Elder Larson (of my district)


Happy 19th Birthday!
Elder Carroll's family sent him smiles for his Birthday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment