Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 31: Where True Happiness Comes From

Hi all!

The Lord continues to bless us with success. How grateful 
i am for this marvelous work. It brings a joy that nothing else can bring.

Boston was baptized this past Saturday!! He had so much family support. His Mom gave a talk and his dad was there also :) His grandfather baptized him and it was a wonderful experience to be a part of :) I am so happy for Boston and his decision to follow our Savior Jesus Christ :) He is such a sharp kid and learned so fast! He was confirmed yesterday by his grandfather in church, which was also an amazing experience :)



We were able to attend the Bountiful Temple last Tuesday. A great experience, as always! :)



Elder Souday and I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament Meeting yesterday! Elder Souday is doing awesome with his English and gave a great talk :) It's been awesome to see how much he has improved in the past 3 months.

So we have been car-less for the past week! It's in the shop for some tune-ups and will be for the next few days. This has given us the opportunity to get on our feet and get out walking! No crazy experiences yet, but a definitely a lot of exercise :) It sucks... we try to walk to somewhere and almost every time, someone stops their car and asks if we need a ride! Nooo, we WANT to walk! :) hahaha Such great people, I guess that's Utah for ya.

We have continued to do a Preach My Gospel study with some of the local Seniors at Davis High. They are awesome and so prepared. I am so impressed with their understanding of the Gospel. It makes me laugh though and reminds me of how hard it was to teach in the MTC! They are doing great. We meet every Monday night for an hour or so. It first started out with just 2 kids. Now we are up to about 6 or 7 every week. We just meet at one of their houses. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be involved with the very-soon-to-be Missionaries! They are all planning on leaving right after graduation!

Jaxon is still on date for this Saturday Feb 22nd! Super stoked for him! Also a super sharp kid and really has it down. He is having is Baptismal Interview on Wednesday! :)

Pam and Jeff weren't able to make it out to church yesterday, but only because Jeff had to work. Pam was planning on coming by herself, but didn't for some reason! We are meeting with them tomorrow.

Cari unfortunately canceled our lesson last week, but has rescheduled for Wednesday. Hopefully it goes through. I hope things work out for her baptism! March 15th is the day!

So yesterday we had a great lesson with 10 yr. old Autumn. Talked about the Plan of Salvation. She is finally getting things together and taking in a lot more information than she was before! I have very high hopes for her :) Autumn gives the most beautiful prayers I have ever heard. Just reminds me how we all need to be as children. Meek, humble, and submissive.

Everything is going so well. Transfers are next week, and I have a strong feeling i will be leaving this great area. I have come to such a great love for the people here. It will be hard to go. But, where ever the Lord see's fit for me to be, I am more than willing to go where he wants me to go. There has been so much success in this area, and the Lord has blessed us. Transfers are truly unpredictable, so we will see next Monday, what's gonna go down!




Being on a mission has made me realize where true happiness comes from. It comes from serving others. It comes from charity. It comes from trying to live as Christ did. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have been given to serve the Lord in His great work. It has given me a chance to discover who I really am. What I am capable of. To discover what I can do to be truly happy. This is only the beginning. I am so excited to see what the future of this mission will bring.



Thanks to everyone for the emails and letters and support you give! I am truly grateful for each and everyone of you. Thank you so much for all you do. Stay busy and stay safe. Hope you have a wonderful week :)

Much Love,
~Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week: 1 Corinthians 16:14 "Let all your things be done with charity."


"“Live in such a way that people who know you but don’t know the Savior, will want to know the Savior because they know you.” - Unknown


BLOOPER VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment