Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 18 Elder Carroll meets Elder Bednar!



Hey there everybodyyyy!

First off, I love this Gospel more than anything. The joy and happiness that it brings me is indescribable. It is such a tremendous blessing to be apart of this amazing and great Work. The people of the Utah SLC mission are just incredible. What a blessing to be called so close to home where I can visit these amazing people often. I love this Work!

This past week the SLC Mission had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be spoken directly to by an Apostle of the Lord. An Apostle that holds the same keys (authority) that the original 12 Apostles held! Crazy! Elder Bednar is truly a man called of God and is such an inspired teacher. I had the blessing and opportunity to speak to him one on one.  About 2 weeks prior to this meeting, we were given 3 talks by Elder Bednar and were told to study them. He asked us what we learned or got out of them. I was able to tell him something that I learned... We gain our testimonies, when we bear them. He then asked me why that particular part stood out to me at this time. I replied that it was because I realized how TRUE that statement really was.



Elder David A. Bednar


For the past few months, I have been able to bear my testimony, multiple times a day. And I've seen it strengthened each time I do so.  It is amazing. This Gospel is the true and living church of Christ.

It was a 4 hour meeting with Elder Bednar, and I took some notes, but I'll have to sort them out and write about everything that was said, next week!

This past week  we were able to take Reese and his mom, Joy to a "Missionary Fireside" at Temple Square! It was so awesome!! It was all of the sisters serving their missions on Temple Square. They sang songs and put on a great concert and the Spirit was so strong!  I ran into my past companion, Elder Katoa! And also Tamazine Peters from Heritage Academy! It was a great night!






Yesterday we were able to meet again with Alicia (The African American Women who was baptized, but doesn't have a testimony of the Book of Mormon)! We read 1 Nephi chapter 2 and had a great discussion. Her spirit is so strong and she is probably the most humble person I've ever met. She is so great at connecting the doctrine in the Book of Mormon, to her own life. We are planning on meeting with her again next Sunday! :)

Ireland had her baptismal interview this past week and now it's just a matter of her parents scheduling the baptism. Will keep you posted.

Chris is doing great, and we have continued to have scripture study. We are going to go over to his house tonight and see if he is interesting in taking the missionary discussions again. (He's had them before) So we'll see how it goes tonight!

We are going with Lindsey tomorrow to Temple Square! She is still solid for the 23rd of November, so she will be getting baptized this Saturday! We are super excited. It is amazing how the Lord prepares people.

This transfer is already more than half over so that means we only have about 2 weeks left! We currently cover 2 stakes (18 wards), but we have heard that they might split the area, so we will only cover 1 stake. I am anxious to see which stake I stay in, if they keep me in either of them at all. It will be hard to leave either one of them. I have grown so close to families in both areas, so transfers will be a hard day.

Well, I hope you guys are doing great. Thank you so much to everyone who emails/writes, it means the world to me! Stay safe, stay busy, you're in my prayers! Till next week!

-Elder Carroll

PS- D&C 59:7- "Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things."

No comments:

Post a Comment