Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 2 at the MTC

Dear Mom & Dad (and everyone else),

As I said in my last letter and even though you guys are probably tired of hearing it, the MTC is amazing!  I've had the opportunity to teach so much and as a result, I've learned so much here.  My testimony has grown so much just in the short week and half that I've been here.  The truths I've come across and with the help of the Spirit testifying, I have come to a new understanding of the Gospel.  It's more than just learning doctrine.  It's about the love of Christ and how his Gospel can help every single person on this earth, no matter their situation.  The joy it brings is undeniable and I cannot wait to be able to share it with the people of Salt Lake City!

My companion is awesome!  He's 20 years old and from Washington state.  He was born in Minnesota and has lived all over the US.  He as a hard time explaining himself while teaching, but is getting better everyday.  he as improved tremendously since day one.

Thanks for the packages!  My companion and other elders in the district loved them!

They said there are over 4,000 missionaries currently in the MTC and growing.  It's crazy how many there are and how the Spirit is so constant with servants of the Lord always present.  My 2 weeks is almost up and it flew by!  But I feel like I've made the most of it :)

The food is good, some days better than others.  They have lots and lots of varieties--up to 4 choices every meal.  Plus, there is always a salad bar.  Ice cream is served on Sundays and Wednesdays.  But the best part...UNLIMITED/FREE CHOCOLATE MILK!!!  I drink two glasses with every meal :)  and as a result, I've gained about 5 or 6 pounds!  I love it!! haha :)

Thanks you everyone for the letters and DearElder.com letters.  It really makes a missionary's day here when they open the mailbox and see even just one letter for them.  So thanks to everyone!

I will be leaving the MTC this Wednesday (7/31) and headed to Salt Lake City!  So email me at hayden.carroll@myldsmail.net because DearElder.com will no longer work.

You are all in my prayers.  Hope everything is well at home.

Love,
Elder Carroll

P.S. My favorite scripture this week:  Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life. (2 Nephi 31:20)

P.S.S  The Church is TRUE!












1 comment: