Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 52: Zander and Clyde Were Baptized!


Too cool for school! lol

Hello!!

Another successful week of missionary work has come and gone!! The days can be long, but the weeks are so short!

Zander (10) was baptized on Saturday and it was an amazing service. He is such a bright kid and super smart. Definitely a lot Gospel smarter than i was when i was 10!! He knows why he was baptized and made the decision completely on his own. I am so happy for him and his mom.



The day before his baptism, we went over for his Baptismal Interview. Before we left, Zander gave the closing prayer. I love it when children pray. They are so pure. In his prayer, he only thanked God for things. He thanked him for Jesus, for preparing him to get baptized, for sending the missionaries to help him, for his life, and his family. He didn't once ask for a single thing. It made me think, when is the last time I did that? Since then, I've taken a few prayers and only thanked my Heavenly Father for things he's given me. It gives such a good feeling. Try it sometime if you haven't ;)

An investigator from one of my old area's was also baptized on Saturday!! His name is Clyde. He was raised Southern Baptist and has told many missionaries in the past that "There is no way in hell [he] is getting baptized into the Mormon church!!!". Hahaha But as usual, the Spirit worked on his heart and he accepted to be baptized after years of being married to his Active-Member wife. They are awesome. Clyde is an outdoorsie kinda guy, and was actually baptized in a river! In Montana!! We weren't able to attend the baptism, but I am so proud of Clyde and his willingness to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.



We are teaching a lot of people, and 3 of them are so close to baptism! 2 of them are all married to Active-Members of the Church and all 3 attend church regularly. Please pray for Chelsea, Amber, and Alexis so that they may receive a witness of the complete truth of this amazing Gospel :)

Yesterday at church, Elder Robert D. Hales was at one of our sacrament meetings! So many General Authorities just randomly come to the wards around here for baby blessings and things like that! Perks of serving in Utah ;)

I have enjoyed so much, being able to interact with all of the missionaries here in the Bountiful Zone. They are awesome and i love being able to serve them.

The mission is so awesome. I love it. The other day while visiting with a family, I felt a great sense of love and hope. It's so amazing how the Gospel brings us together. We are like a giant family. Everyone is so nice and accepts us into their homes no matter what! We get fed dinner 7 nights a week and the families are incredible! I am so grateful for this Gospel and the love that it brings into our lives. Christ's love is amazing and I love the feeling of being able to feel it through His saints.

I know Christ lives and I know his Atonement is real. I have felt his love and wish for all others to feel it as well. That's why I'm here on a mission--So I may share the feeling of love and joy and happiness that I have felt in my own life, with others. I have a testimony of this Restored Gospel, and I have to share it with everyone. I am so blessed to be able to do so. The Lord is amazing and works in mysterious ways. I know I can always trust Him. He gives us trials for a reason. Even if we do not understand that reason, it is still there.

Love you all. Stay close to the Lord, stay busy, and stay safe!


Much Love,
Elder Carroll

My favorite scripture this week: 1 Nephi 1:20 "..But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."



No comments:

Post a Comment